CKCU Canada 150 Programming Coordinator
Within the context of the 150th anniversary of Confederation, CKCU wants to hire a programming coordinator. This limited term contractual position will have a duration of 14 weeks. The selected candidate will be entitled to an hourly rate of 11.40$ and will be required to work 30 hours a week. CKCU will give priority to candidates either from the Aboriginal communities or from visible minority communities. Education requirements are post-secondary studies in the fields of journalism or marketing. The expected result of this contract is the production of 6 radio shows. This production entails the following:
- Travel throughout Ottawa using either public transportation or personal means
- Arrange for press passes
- Identify key local events part of the 150th anniversary
- Provide coverage of a minimum of 7 local 150th anniversary of events such as : The Juno Awards, Canada’s Table, the Sky Lounge, La Machine, Kontinuum, the Picnic on the Bridge, YOWOttawa, and Canada Scene, etc.
- Interview community leaders and event organizers
- Assist with live and remote access broadcasts at local 150th anniversary events
- Develop and apply radio broadcasting skills
- Broadcast produced radio content
- Manage their own schedule and respect deadlines set by station and production managers
As the 150 programming coordinator, the selected candidate will be representing the station and will expected to act in a professional and courteous manner at all times.
Candidate must be between the ages of 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment. The candidate must be registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year. The candidate must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act2 and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
Applications should include a resume and references, and will be accepted until 11:59 PM on Tuesday June 27 2017. Applications must be submitted electronically only to:
CKCU Station Manager